Tuesday 31 May 2011

Keep Taking The Tablets

Well, it's been another interesting week. Electrical acupuncture is proving to be my new high. I am so lucky to co-own a therapy centre and make the most of freebies from my business partner (well, it is in her best interest to keep me going!). During my last treatment with her we discussed how I can better manage my pain, which strikes me most at night time and disturbs my sleep by upto three hours, and at worst can carry over into the following day. So under strict instructions from said business partner, I telephoned my GP and asked for another prescription of Amitriptyline. I am not a massive fan of this drug and had hoped to cope with this purely through complementary therapy means, however, needs must, etc. And the whole point of complementary therapies is that they can often best effectively run alongside conventional medicine (as I so often tell my clients). So, I have promised my GP I will take the 10mg of this drug for one month and report any improvements, or not, as the case may be. We shall see how that pans out. Since I last posted, I have managed to see another birthday in and enjoyed a lunch with partner, parents and dog at the local pub. Then to really treat myself, I visited a reclamation yard (I know how to party) and bought a cabinet for my soon to be overhauled kitchen. On the bank holiday Sunday I had the traditional birthday gathering. Ordinarily I will spend three hours cooking and preparing food. This year I did one ovenful and Tesco kindly provided. Also, we lacked silly games but we did have six dogs present instead; five Cavalier King Charles' varying in age from 11 weeks to 6 years, and a lovely wolf-cross-horse dog (breed unknown), and they provided plenty of entertainment for all. It was a rather more subdued day but enjoyable all the same. People very politely left earlier than usual, which made me a little sad, but I appreciate their kind thoughts and consideration. However, the next day, after a two hour lie in, I felt fairly well. I was glad of the day long drizzle which prevented me being tempted to leave the house until I had to go to work that evening, and instead I tidied gradually and read with my feet up, while my long-suffering partner, man-maid and domestic God did a mountain of washing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment