Friday 20 June 2014

Moving On Up

Wow. Four months since the last post. Where does the time go? Since February I have moved house. Something I would not have considered last year as I wouldn't have coped with the stress of it. As it happens it was not too stressful as I moved in with my partner and rented my house out. Oscar and I are very much settled in. It's nice being closer to my therapy centre and not having to walk up that hill several times a week. In a way I miss the walk to work with Oscar, but we take the dogs on walks nearby instead. I am still managing without my stick and sometimes we are out walking the dogs for up to an hour. I am more relaxed and happy than I have been for a long time. The only pain I have is my chronic back ache/pain, which isn't related to the CFS.

I have been continuing to work on my physical activity and have extended my time on my trampette from five minutes to 20 minutes. I have returned to aquafit, something I haven't been able to do for over two years, and I have rediscovered a dance DVD that hasn't seen the light of day for over three years and had a go at that. I thought is was 20 minutes but it was 40 minutes and nearly did me in! I have done it twice now this month and enjoyed it. I am still excluding sugar from my diet and have cut the whisky and wine back. I had an episode of snacking when I was tired, which wasn't helpful, so I have returned to a 'clean diet'. I found this type of food really good and enjoyed preparing it after the retreat I went on last year. It essentially cuts out sugar, alcohol, wheat, most dairy and caffeine and uses grains and pulses, nuts and seeds, and lots of fresh fruit and veg. I have also done a two week detox and feel much better for that. Finally, no ugly-head-rearing of the dreaded shingles for six months now. So things are certainly looking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment