Sunday 22 May 2011

Pet likes

Another week with its measure of frustrations - at one point I threw the remote control across the room in a tantrum! - but moreso its high points. I have decided to get the kitchen revamped and spoken to a nice man who will help me. I am going shabby chic, and a good friend is going to do some stripping and waxing for me (of wood I hasten to add). The same great mate and her lovely hubby took me to some diy stores and looked at tiles and paint with me today and gave some very helpful comments. An antique pine sink unit with brass taps I took a fancy to on ebay has become mine after a deal with its owner. After two awful night's sleep plagued with leg and foot pain, I treated myself to a curry and a bath last night and slept like a baby til wrested from my sleep by my dog Oscar whining his lonely bark, who waited for two hours for me to manage to get myself up and downstairs where he was waiting excitedly on a clean, dry puppy pad. He joined us for lunch today in a local pub and we took a slow stroll down the cycle track. Partnerless last night, both cats cuddled up on the bed with me. Every day I am grateful for my pets. Oscar is practically a constant companion and makes me smile many times a day. Without him I don't think I'd cope half as well.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your curry sweet....you know I believe everything happens for a reason and Oscar was definately the dog for you, he trusts you completely, and senses how you feel he's patient and calm and a great companion for you xxx

    ReplyDelete