Sunday 15 May 2011

Rollercoaster ride

I'm not a fan of rollercoasters. I don't like the sudden unexpected dips. I'm not terribly adventurous being a more feet-on-the-ground sort of person. And, I am a fan of predicatable. CFS is annoyingly unpredictable. I can wake up feeling like I am soaring towards an average - dare I think it - above par day and then by lunchtime find I am sadly mistaken. Two unexpected things happened this week that gave me little highs. I had some electrical acupuncture by my colleague to deal with dysesthesia (unpleasant sensation) in my lower legs and feet; a feeling like stinging nettle rash. It had been keeping me awake and was present by that point for most of the day. About an hour after the acupuncture I hit a little dip in mood and energy, which was odd because formerly acupunture had given me a lift, but only for that day. However, I discovered the nasty sensation had been alleviated and has remained absent for the past four days, returning slightly this morning. By the evening my energy levels had also improved and I taught my two classes with very little fatigue. I have also saved a bee this week. It was a truly fascinating experience and one I have bored nearly everyone with. I fed it honey and watched it feed for half an hour, then guided it out of the window and watched it fly away. I then ordered a bee house and have bought a bee plant. The whole thing, simple and silly though it might seem, really lifted my mood - and conversly, my energy. Sometimes, it's the simple, unpredictable things in life that make it worth living. I even got out last night!! We went to a pub for a friend's birthday. I managed to drive. We left early but I didn't feel I missed out. I got there, that's the main thing. Make that three highs!

No comments:

Post a Comment