Tuesday 3 May 2011

Best laid plans of mice and mand

Last week I planned to go the Bluebell woods with friends, my partner and dog, and have a picnic. It was lovely. I also planned to do some cleaning. That didn't go so well. Perhaps some gardening? Nope. A friend had a hen night last Saturday. I planned to join them part way through, as I thought I could cope with that. Didn't get there. Plans lead to disappointment. So, I have to plan to do less. Or not plan at all. Except I'm a tiny bit of a control freak, so that's not likely. This Friday my partner and I have been together a year. We plan to go out for a meal. We shall have to go early, since I plan to attend a wedding the next day and want to make it. I also plan to leave early as a coping strategy. In between that, I'm not planning much. Perhaps some reading and resting. Lets see how that pans out...

1 comment:

  1. Hello Miss controller person! How about doiing things this way; make Plan (A) - the things you want to ideally do; Make Plan (B) - plan alternative things you think you might be able to do at a below par time; Plan (C) Plan rest time and build into it a little time to build a plan to reschedule Plan A and keep Plan B in the background again!; Plan D Just rest completely and simply know that you'll be making new plans much more quickly having rested than if you pushed yourself too far!!

    ReplyDelete