Monday 27 June 2011

The Sun Shines on a New Day

Well, the weekend went better than expected. It was great to get up Saturday and be 'man-free'. No workmen. No noise. Just quiet. I spent a chilly morning in the park with a fellow therapist at an event offering on-site massage. She had given me a shiatsu treatment Friday, which I badly needed. It had been painful and unpleasant but had done me a power of good. She told me she feels I have lots of energy - it's just stuck. And that she senses lots of anger from me about the illness (no kidding!). I asked her how I can get the energy moving and she replied maybe I should stop trying so hard. Hm. Saturday I was on my own in the park and had been concerned I wouldn't cope, but I had a steady flow and spent 50 minutes with a wheelchair-bound lady with MS that just re-enforced why I do what I do. My step-dad helped with the gazebo and ferrying me to and fro and my mum sat on reception back at Carpe Diem, walking the dog up to visit me twice. It turned out to be a stress-free day. Sunday, was spent painting the kitchen with Radio 4 in the background. More like about half of my small kitchen to be honest, it was slow progress, but progress none the less and if you stand with your back to the unpainted bits, it looks lovely! I chose to spend the day alone, and was glad I did, over-run as I had been that last week with workmen (currently back and drilling as I type). Still the end is in nigh and I'm off to work now anyway. I had an arnica bath last night and all my bruises are coming out like pretty rainbows, but I don't feel sore or achy today. So that's definately something to bear in mind for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment