Monday 20 June 2011

Making Progress

This week I had my appointment at the CFS/ME clinic at Frenchay. She was very impressed with me (who wouldn't be) and said I am already doing what they would advise and more. I am, of course, in a priveleged position having easy access to comp therapies and we discussed what I had found useful: nutritional therapy, homeopathy, electrical acupuncture (the standard had no real effect) and most recently, shiatsu. I have to fill in a sleep diary and chart my pacing (rest/activity/rest etc) as she feels I am not doing this effectively enough yet. Back I go in two weeks time. The other thing progressing nicely is the kitchen. I have been clearing it out in bits throughout the week and some wonderful friends came and sanded and waxed their hearts out yesterday on furniture that will go in there. It's frustrating I can no longer do these things myself and I am so grateful to them. As I type the carpenter is ripping out the kitchen's innards and I am pleased to report the dodgy looking ceiling is more stable than it looked and hasn't come down. He has, however, exposed a large plaster hole, so if I did want to go for the Rustic Look in a big way, I could just leave it - maybe not. Now I just have the fun of trying to make meals - where did I put the.....? will be this week's cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment