Saturday 11 June 2011

Take it with a pinch of salt

I suffer a lot with dizzy spells, particularly when doing anything remotely cardiovascular or when I have had to concentrate for a long time. This is why I walk with a stick and don't drive much. It's safer this way. I read in a cfs/cbt book I got from the library that sometimes cfs peeps can get low blood pressure and to increase salt in the diet a little. I have taken salt out, largely, since seeing the nutritional therapist, so I decided to experiment. On the way back from supervision last Sunday, I felt a tad unwell and called into a shop which sold Montezuma choc. They had dark choc with salt in. So I grabbed a couple of bars and sat in the car and ate a few squares. I have decided to take it swimming with me to see if it helps the 'wobbles' when I get out. I have also started trialling a few salted peanuts at work between clients. So far so good. I did get my BP checked but it was normal not low. Not that I really want it to be low, but it would at least have explained the darned dizziness. Also, this week my business partner and acupuncturist has had the temerity to take and two and and half week break! So, I booked myself it with our lovely shiatsu therapist. I had my first full treatment yesterday. It was pleasant and painful! It took me a while to come round but I slept well, have much less to almost non-existent lower limb pain and managed not only to walk to work and back, but to cook a meal from scratch for myself and my partner. I have booked myself back in next week!

1 comment:

  1. All progress is great progress Mand! Anna advises to keep an eye on your sugar levels too if you aren't already as she found hers to be quite erratic attimes and to drop like a stone. She recommends some dried friut in yor handbag if it affects you that way too, or of course you can have glucose tablets like I keep in the car, but dried friut sounds nicer (does take longerr to kick in though)

    ReplyDelete