Wednesday 9 November 2011

Up up and...let's not get carried away.

Well. Interesting times have been had. Last Monday I went down with shingles. Again. Although there has been more than a 12 month gap this time. I decided to forego the usual antivirals route - with the thought that they would gum up my system with toxins and use precious energy to process - and go back to the homeopath instead. It was the homeopathic remedies that afforded me this year+ gap. Antivirals have never done that. Whilst the rash was plain nasty and sore then blistered and burst and bled (nice! - sorry if you're sqeamish) the 'experience' of shingles was none too bad. By that I mean, no worse than usual. This is very interesting for me, because last year when I kept getting 'fake' shingles (all the symptoms but no rash) I now know that was the CFS kicking off a bit. I can fairly safely assume, in lieu of other evidence, that repeated shingles - being viral AND stressing my system - was the preciptator of CFS. Therefore, I fully expected when I spotted the start of the rash to be floored as it spectacularly clashed with my CFS. But it didn't Okay it disturbed my sleep a bit more so morning have been a bit nightmareish, and it's made me a little more tired, but only a little. Plus, I felt well enough to attend a friend's firework's night (goe chauferred by super pals again) and drive to a loca family fireworks event the following evening, AND take the dog out for a slow but steady walk the next day. I had a phone consult with the CFS clinic yesterday and they were very pleased with me. I don;t have to report in again until January. If I were drawing a little chart the line would be rising, things do seem - dare I say it - on the up a bit. I guess time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are in more conbtrol ,not too good about shingles nasty thing. Hope it clears up soon, and you can start to get on with life again .Good luck .I look forward to reading your your blogs.

    ReplyDelete