Thursday 18 August 2011

59 Seconds

I am reading a book titled 59 Seconds by Prof Robert Wiseman. He largely confirms a great deal of what I know about psychology and recommends methods I use in hypnotherapy. However, what he recommends in part are exercises that take 59 seconds including writing down how you feel at that moment in 59 seconds. I recommend journalling or stream of consciousness writing to my clients but have never limited it to 59 seconds. So after the next two positive statements, you will be reading my 59 second experiment. Dad and his wife visited and we managed some family time together without it being too draining. I managed to attend a friend's Improv Night, once again due to my close friends who are fast becoming my personal 'event' taxi service, the night was excellent. Here we go then, my 59 seconds...
Today I had planned to go to the Chalice Well and Glastonbury with two great mates. Unfortunately I had another insomnia night and ended up on the sofa with the dog reading Wodehouse at 3am feeling 'jetlagged'. I am sick of this. There is no light at the end of my tunnel on days like this. I try to be positive but it's hard when I think of all the time I miss out on and experiences by not being able to partake. If this goes on for years, as well it might, I will have effectively sacrificed months of my life to this illness if I add up all the times I missed out on things and that makes me angry, sad, tearful, frustrated and yes, self-pitying.
There.
He's right. I do feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment