Tuesday 26 June 2012

Weighty Issue

Despite having increased my activity somewhat a few weeks ago, I was quite depressed to find I had put on five pounds. It may not sound much but it is really hard to shift since I can't just up my activity. I started eating less when I noticed waistbands tightening as the first couple of pounds went on butfrustratinigly put more on. Depressed I went back to the GI cookbook as I have to admit I had got into the habit of eating the same old stuff and not really cooking, and I was snacking, not necessarily on bad stuff, but still. So, on the fourth week into this I find that I have lost a couple of pounds and clothes feel better. I am eating more, am less tired and snacking less.I have been able to increase the swimming to 6 full lengths and 6 or seven half lengths of front crawl amongst the 36 lengths, the rest are breaststroke. On a Sunday I do the Salsa basic work out and the warm up and two circuits of the resistance DVD, making a 35 minute workout. It just goes to show what a difference the effort to eat properly makes, and I am enjoying food again. It's so important to get the right balance, and of course I feel much happier!

1 comment:

  1. You sure have increased your exercise,don't overdo it. Glad the diet is making a diference,it is always good to here you feel better for it. I am amazed at how far you have come over the year,and hope it will go on improveing in the next one.Well done it's nice to hear you are so positive.

    ReplyDelete